Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Healthy Ideas Newsletter April, 2011

Here are some more nuggets of information for you. Let me know if you have any questions or comments for me.

Carb Lovers Diet book - As you know, there are not many diet programs that get my approval. Body cleansing with Isa-genix, another one I will tell you about in a minute, and now the Carb Lovers Diet book are just a few that have made the list. This is a new book written by the editors of Health Magazine. Many programs require you to purchase all kinds of weird or hard to find ingredients that no family would eat anyways. Or the diet is so hard to stay on that no normal American could stick with it for more than 2 weeks.

I think the recipes here are very doable and I love their snack ideas. The main focus is getting enough resistant starches each day to keep you filled up. You can purchase the book at Amazon and see for yourself. Let me know if you end up reading it.

Five Pounds a Year - It doesn't sound too bad to gain only 5 pounds per year. That's less than a 1/2 a pound a month. It's easy for those pounds to creep on, but 5 pounds doesn't sound like much. The only problem comes when this happens for 10 years in a row. That person then finds themselves 50 pounds overweight. That's where this handy little tool comes in - your bathroom scale. Some people gauge their weight by how well their clothes fit. This will work too.

The point is, to use either your bathroom scale (There's a helpful article here - http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/use-your-scale.aspx?xid=nl_MyCalorieCounter_20110327) or watch how your clothes fit to keep yourself from letting those pounds creep on.

When those pounds creep on and you want to get them off quickly, drinking 2 protein shakes a day to replace 2 meals can often give most people the weight/inches loss that they desire in a reasonable time frame.

I now have 2 shake options that I can offer to people. The complaint I have heard the most about Isa-genix products is that the prices are too high. I have another protein drink that I have been using along with Isa-genix. (I don't think I will ever get my husband to give up his Isa-genix shakes in the morning!) I have made a comparison chart that should help you understand better than writing it all out. The reduced calories, carbohydrates, sugar, and cholesterol levels in Trivita's Leanology are astounding! Vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids were varied between the too, although a bit more in Isa.

Don't worry, I checked out all the ingredients. Trivita/Leanology uses lots of pure ingredients. Believe me, I wouldn't recommend it if it was filled with a bunch of junk and chemicals. The reason it has fewer calories and carb is because they use stevia to sweeten it which is actually an herb and has NO effect on blood sugar levels. I don't know why Isa doesn't use stevia, but they don't, hence the higher sugar and carb rates. Leanology also uses proteins that are good for the digestive tract, not that Isa is bad though.

A word of warning here, the Leanology shakes don't taste as good as the Isa, but I have grown to really like them especially since they have so many less calories and carbs. I think people will have much faster weight loss results with a product with half the calories and 1/4 the carbohydrates and sugars.

The nice thing about Trivita/Leanology is that you don't have to order through anyone or jump through any membership hoops and membership fees. You can just order directly from their website and get the same price as the next guy :) Let me know if you have any questions about any of this!




***Remember I'm here to help you meet your health and we ight loss goals. Call or email me if you want to pick my brain or consult with me on any aspect of health or we ight loss!

Heidi

No comments:

My Weight Loss Story - How I did it and how I kept it off

I had tried to lose weight after my 3rd and 4th children and just couldn't seem to shake it no matter how much I exercised or "watched my portions". I always had this pouch in front and the more I exercised the bigger it seemed to get. Then a friend told me about a new technology that sounded too good to be true. We are all taught that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In this case I got some amazing results that some people still don't believe.

After using a 9 day program I was able to lose 11 pounds and almost 14"! I have kept that off for over a year now and lost several more pounds and kept that off too. My energy level increased and my mental clarity improved. This has been an incredible experience. I had an awesome coach who guided me every step of the way. Once I hit my goal weight I lost additional inches. I found it easy to stay on track and incorporate this as a life plan.

See How to Shed the Pounds Without the Rebound! Body cleansing (not colon cleansing) is the key...

See How to Shed the Pounds Without the Rebound!  Body cleansing (not colon cleansing) is the key...