Friday, September 19, 2008

Body Care Products - Are Yours Hazardous to Your Health?

As many of you know, one of my daughters is really into spa and skin care products. She likes to make a lot of her own natural products and tries to buy products that are healthy for her skin and body. She recently found a website run by the Environmental Working Group that rates products based on specific toxicity ratings.

Here's a quote from their site - "Skin Deep pairs ingredients in more than 25,000 products against 50 definitive toxicity and regulatory databases, making it the largest integrated data resource of its kind. Why did a small nonprofit take on such a big project? Because the FDA doesn't require companies to test their own products for safety."

You can enter your favorite body care product in their search box and then receive a rating between 0-10 on how hazardous that product is for you. 0-2 is low hazard, 3-6 is moderate hazard and 7-10 is high hazard. We all have to buy body care products, but we don't have to buy ones that could be hazardous to our health. So why not buy the low hazard rated shampoo rather than the high hazard shampoo???

Check it out and see what you think! BTW - you don't have to enter your email there if you don't want to. You can just click "no thanks" and get into the site. http://cosmeticdatabase.com/

No comments:

My Weight Loss Story - How I did it and how I kept it off

I had tried to lose weight after my 3rd and 4th children and just couldn't seem to shake it no matter how much I exercised or "watched my portions". I always had this pouch in front and the more I exercised the bigger it seemed to get. Then a friend told me about a new technology that sounded too good to be true. We are all taught that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In this case I got some amazing results that some people still don't believe.

After using a 9 day program I was able to lose 11 pounds and almost 14"! I have kept that off for over a year now and lost several more pounds and kept that off too. My energy level increased and my mental clarity improved. This has been an incredible experience. I had an awesome coach who guided me every step of the way. Once I hit my goal weight I lost additional inches. I found it easy to stay on track and incorporate this as a life plan.

See How to Shed the Pounds Without the Rebound! Body cleansing (not colon cleansing) is the key...

See How to Shed the Pounds Without the Rebound!  Body cleansing (not colon cleansing) is the key...